( Back to Terms of Trading home page )
These terms and conditions apply between the person, firm, company or other entity specified on your booking form ("you" or "your") and Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited – Legal Business (Company No. 1679046). Registered in England and Wales. Registered office 5 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AQ("TRPUKL") for delegate registrations for the event (including but not limited to conferences, seminars,, workshops and networking events) specified on your booking form ("Event"). Please read them carefully as they contain important information. By submitting your registration to attend the Event ("your registration") you agree to be bound by these terms to the exclusion of all other terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms TRPUKL will be unable to accept your registration.
1. Your registration is an offer to TRPUKL to attend an Event which is subject to TRPUKL's acceptance in writing (which may include (without limitation) email). A binding contract between TRPUKL and you will only be formed when written confirmation of acceptance ("Confirmation" or "Confirmed") is sent by TRPUKL to you (whether or not it is received) using the contact details you provided at the time of registration. You should contact TRPUKL if you have not received Confirmation within 5 days of your registration, but in any event if Confirmation is not sent within 14 days of TRPUKL receiving your registration, your registration will be deemed to be accepted unless TRPUKL notify you otherwise. TRPUKL reserve the right in its sole discretion to refuse to accept your registration.
2. You will pay TRPUKL any fees specified in your booking form for the Event ("your fees"). Payment of your fees must be received in full and in cleared funds by TRPUKL from you within 30 days of the date of the invoice but in any event not later than 48 hours before the Event. If payment of your fees in full is not received before the Event, TRPUKL may (at its sole discretion) either require such payment as a condition of your entry to the Event or refuse you entry to the Event. No refunds of any proportion of your fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of your fees will remain due and payable where entry to an Event is refused under this Condition 2.
3. All discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined. If you register for an Event under a reduced fee arrangement offered by TRPUKL you must provide evidence of eligibility for the reduced fee when requested or be liable to pay the full fee. All discounts are subject to TRPUKL's approval. Discounts for group registrations are only valid for the number of delegates specified on your booking form. If the number of delegates that actually attends the Event is (for any reason) less than the number specified in the your booking form, then TRPUKL may (at its sole discretion) change the fees charged to reflect the number of delegates that actually attend the Event in line with TRPUKL's published prices then in force. Any additional sums payable to TRPUKL as a result shall be paid in line with Condition 2.
4. Prices for each Event, where applicable, are correct at the time of publication. TRPUKL reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by TRPUKL.
5. Prices for each Event are exclusive of amounts in respect of value added tax (VAT). You shall, on receipt of a valid VAT invoice from TRPUKL, pay to TRPUKL such additional amounts in respect of VAT as are chargeable on the supply of the Event.
6. You may cancel your registration in accordance with this Condition 6. You will receive a refund of your fees paid to TRPUKL (if any): (i) if you cancel your registration 28 days or more before the Event, subject to an administration charge equivalent to 20% of the total amount of your fees plus VAT; or (ii) if you cancel your registration less than 28 days, but more than 14 days before the Event, subject to an administration charge equivalent to 50% of the total amount of your fees plus VAT. TRPUKL regrets that the full amount of your fee remains payable in the event that your cancellation is 14 days or less before the Event or if you fail to attend the Event. All cancellations must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by TRPUKL. For the avoidance of doubt telephone cancellations are not accepted. You acknowledge that the refund of your fees in accordance with Condition 6 is your sole remedy in respect of any cancellation of your registration by you and all other liability is expressly excluded.
7. Substitutions with employees from your organisation are welcome at any time but in all other respects delegate registrations are issued for your personal use only and cannot be shared with any person during the Event. You must email any substitutions to email@example.com prior to the date of the Event. For the avoidance of doubt telephone substitutions are not accepted. You may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others, or exploit the registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
8. TRPUKL may (at its sole discretion) change the format, speakers, participants, content, venue location and programme or any other aspect of the Event at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability. For the purpose of the Conditions 8, 9 and 10 "Force Majeure Event" means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of TRPUKL including (without limitation) speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, industrial dispute, governmental regulations or action, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts of terrorism or war.
9. TRPUKL may (at its sole discretion) change the date or cancel an Event at any time for any reason. Where TRPUKL changes the date or cancels the Event for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of Condition 10 shall apply) TRPUKL shall offer you the option of attending any rearranged Event that TRPUKL chooses to organise (acting in its sole discretion). If you promptly notify TRPUKL in writing before the date of the Event that you do not wish to attend the rearranged Event or if TRPUKL elects not to rearrange the Event then you will (as your sole remedy) be entitled, at your discretion, to receive either a credit note or a refund in respect of your fees received by TRPUKL.
10. Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in TRPUKL's sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of TRPUKL to hold the Event at the planned venue or on the planned date; or (ii) the Event generally, then TRPUKL shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either: (i) provide alternative facilities or venue for the Event; and/or (ii) reschedule the Event. Any of your fees received by TRPUKL shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Event held pursuant to this Condition 10 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Event or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If TRPUKL is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Event pursuant to this Condition 10, then you will (as its sole remedy) be entitled, in your sole discretion, to receive either a refund or credit note in respect of your fees received by TRPUKL, in each case less an administration charge equivalent to 20% per cent of the total amount of your fees (which TRPUKL may (in its sole discretion) either deduct from any refund or credit note or invoice the you separately). These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of any rearranged or rescheduled Event organised by TRPUKL pursuant to this Condition 10.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, TRPUKL shall not be liable to you for any loss, delay, damage or other liability incurred resulting from or arising in connection with the cancellation or date change of the Event howsoever arising or any venue change. You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of conditions 9 and 10 set out your sole remedy should the Event date be changed or cancelled and all other liability of TRPUKL is expressly excluded.
12. TRPUKL may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Event, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of TRPUKL represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by TRPUKL or the venue owners at the Event.
13. All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Event as a delegate and you consent to the use by TRPUKL of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
14. Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited is a registered data controller under number Z7602050. Your information will be added to our marketing database and will not be given to third parties without your prior consent. Your information will be used to send you relevant marketing and informational material on our products and services.
At any time you may ask us to send you a copy of your information from our records, remove your information from our records or correct or update your information. If you do not wish to receive information about products and services or for a detailed privacy statement or correction of your information please write to Marketing Information, 5 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AQ or call 0345 600 9355.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, TRPUKL excludes: (a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Event; (b) all indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and (c) any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). If TRPUKL is liable to you for any reason, TRPUKL's total liability to you in relation to the Event (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of your fees received by TRPUKL.
16. If, by reason of any Force Majeure Event, TRPUKL is delayed in or prevented from performing any of its obligations under this Agreement, then such delay or non-performance shall not be deemed to be a breach of this Agreement and no loss or damage shall be claimed by you by reason thereof. TRPUKL's obligations shall be suspended during the period of the delay or non performance and TRPUKL and you shall each use reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure Event. The provisions of this Condition 16 are subject to the provision of Condition 10.
17. TRPUKL reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration.
18. No person other than you and TRPUKL shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the "Act") or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions between us without the prior written agreement of you and TRPUKL.
19. This Agreement is governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this Condition 19 shall prevent or restrict TRPUKL from pursuing any action against you in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Version 3 (22.09.2014)