The CIPA Guide To the Patents Act, 1st Supplement to the 8th edition updates the mainwork with the latest developments in patent law.
The Guide brings together the expertise of over 25 highly respected professionals including patent attorneys, solicitors and members of the Bar, all individually selected for their expert knowledge.
• Comprehensively reviews significant UK court decisions and practice directions, IP Office decisions and EPO Appeal Board decisions up to 31 October 2016.
• Outlines the proposals of the Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Bill.
• Summarizes the Practice Direction for the new Shorter Trials Scheme.
• Explains the Patents (Amendment) (No. 2) Rules 2016 and their implications.
• Summarises developments concerning patent eligibility in UK, Europe and Australia.
• Outlines eligibility developments in the US where the law remains in a state of flux.
• Reviews recent decisions for novelty and enablement as a condition for novelty.
• Outlines the latest Enlarged Appeal Board reference concerning disclaimers.
• Analyses recent inventive step developments, explaining the contrary outcomes in Apple v Samsung (US) and HTC v Apple (UK).
• Summarises post-grant developments including infringement by supply of brochures, the experimental use defence, interlocutory cross-undertakings in damages, enquiries as to damages and the latest decisions on procedure and costs.
• Summarises recent decisions regarding SPCs.
• Introduces contents paragraphs for the more lengthy and significant sections to facilitate reader awareness and navigation.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.