Now, at a vantage point to look back at how the legislation has performed and how it has affected the use and conduct of arbitration under Scots Law, the authors provide detailed commentary on and interpretation of each provision of the Act in the context of case law before and after 2010, the Arbitration Act 1996, and international jurisprudence.
While considerably in-depth this title is designed to be used as a practical tool and easily referenced source of answers for arbitrators, arbitration lawyers and others.
- Provides key guidance from two expert authors involved in the drafting of the Act
- Offers a detailed commentary and interpretation of each provision of the Act
- Contains a wealth of detail - the authors having considered over 700 cases since 2010
- Explains modern Scottish arbitration law in the context of the historical background of the legislation
- Covers comparative English and other arbitration laws and CJEC and ECtHR judgements
- References UNCITRAL Model Law and the UNCITRAL, ICC and LCIA Rules