The Crown Court Index 2018
provides a guide to common penalties and formalities in cases tried on indictment or committed for sentence in the Crown Court, as well as appeals in criminal proceedings.
The text has been extensively updated to reflect developments throughout the last twelve months, up to October, 2017.
This edition includes coverage of:
- The Criminal Procedure Rules with all amendments made up to September 2017;
- The Criminal Practice Directions 2015 with the amendments made throughout 2016 and amendments made in January, March and July 2017 (Amendments 3, 4 and 5), including directions on the use of live link and telephone facilities, and s.28 YJCEA 1999;
- The latest sentencing guidelines issued by the Sentencing Council;
- Changes introduced by the Policing and Crime Act 2017 and the Criminal Finances Act 2017; and
- key authorities from the last twelve months, such as R. v Guraj  UKSC 65 and Khuja v. Times Newspapers Ltd and others  UKSC 49.
Of particular importance are the rules and directions in relation to:
- Special measures;
- The roll-out of pre-recorded cross-examination and re-examination;
- The use of live link and telephone facilities.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: