MacGillivray on Insurance Law is the most authoritative work for analysis of the law and legislation governing non-maritime commercial insurance and risk.
The 13th edition provides detailed analysis of the Insurance Act 2015 and outlines its impact on the law of warranties, good faith, and remedies.
The 2nd cumulative supplement updates the 13th Edition with the most recent case law and legislative changes.
This supplement includes updates on recent key cases, including:
- AIG Europe Ltd v Woodman & Ors  UKSC 18
- Impact Funding Solutions Ltd v Barrington Support Services Ltd (formerly Lawyers At Work Ltd)  UKSC 57
- Gard Marine & Energy Ltd v China National Chartering Co Ltd  UKSC 35;  1 WLR 1793
- Weir Services Australia Pty Ltd v AXA Corporate Solutions Assurance SA  NSWSC 259
- Denso Manufacturing UK Limited v Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) Plc  EWHC 391 (Comm)
- Zurich Insurance Plc v Maccaferri Limited  EWCA Civ 1302
- Western Trading Ltd v Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) Plc  EWCA Civ 1003;  Lloyd’s Rep. I.R. 643
- Ashfaq v International Insurance Co of Hannover Plc  EWCA Civ 357
- Axa Versicherung AG v Arab Insurance Group (BSC)  EWCA Civ 96;  Lloyd’s Rep. I.R. 216
- Teal Assurance Co Ltd v W R Berkley Insurance Europe Ltd  EWCA Civ 25;  Lloyd’s Rep. I.R. 259
It also provides updates concerning:
• Schedule 3 of the Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010
• Riot Compensation Act 2016
• Part 4A of the Insurance Act 2015
• The “Insurance Distribution Directive”
• 2017 MIB Supplementary Uninsured Drivers Agreement
• 2017 MIB Untraced Drivers Agreement