The 1st supplement updates the main 4th edition, encompassing a range of issues surrounding
- Discusses the changes to foreign domiciliaries from 6th April 2017 and practical issues arising out of the change from 17 years to 15 years for inheritance tax purposes
- Includes updated changes to the remittance basis charge and to HMRC’s view on collateral and foreign income and gains
- Explores non-settlor interested trusts, non-resident trusts and relevant property settlements such as Seddon v HMRC.
- Covers excluded property including the case of Dreelan and also the reservation of benefit and settled property, including the important case of Hood.
- Examines tax efficient will drafting, deeds of variation and disclaimers, and pilot trusts.
- Finally, it considers UK residential property and foreign doms as well as business property relief.