The 20th edition of Sealy & Milman: Annotated Guide to the Insolvency Legislation 2017
contains the greatest single change to insolvency legislation since the 1st edition some 30 years ago with the introduction, at long last, of the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016 (SI 2016/1024). The annotations in the 20th edition cover the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016 in their entirety to provide much needed background, comment and assistance for practitioners and readers coming to terms with this momentous change.
Sealy & Milman: Annotated Guide to the Insolvency Legislation 2017
- Provides clear, annotated commentary and clarification on the legal and practical implications of current insolvency legislation
- Covers both corporate and personal insolvency law
- Reproduces additional statutes and regulations so that all the information needed is in one reliable source
- Volume 1 contains up-to-date text of and in-depth explanations on the main core legislation, including the Insolvency Act 1986 and the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016 together with Tables of Derivations and Destinations linking the 2016 Rules with the Insolvency Rules 1986
- Volume 2 features the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986, the Recast EU Regulation on Insolvency Proceedings 2015/848 and the Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations 2006, implementing the UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross Border Insolvency. It also includes the text, in whole or part, of 25 Acts, over 50 Statutory Instruments and a number of practice directions.
Key features of the 20th edition:
- Coverage of the final changes introduced by the Deregulation Act 2015 and the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015
- Includes, with full annotations, the Recast EU Insolvency Regulation 2015 (2015/848)
- Coverage of the changing position on insolvency fees and deposits provided by the Insolvency Proceedings (Fees) Order 2016 (SI 2016/692)
- All other legislation throughout the Guide, particularly the Insolvency Act 1986, has been updated since the 19th edition.
- The annotations to the legislation have been updated to include important case-law developments.
- Includes as appendices the Government’s official of Table of Derivations and Table of Destinations, linking the 1986 Rules to the 2016 Rules
New Case law mentioned includes:Re Ralls Builders Ltd
 EWHC 1812 (Ch)Brooks v Armstrong
 EWHC 2893 (Ch)Express Electrical Distributors Ltd v Beavis
 EWCA Civ 765Re Newtons Coaches Ltd
 EWHC 3068 (Ch)Re Elgin Legal Ltd
 EWHC 2523 (Ch) Pettit v Bradford Bulls (Northern) LtdHorton v Henry
 EWCA Civ 989Stanley v WilsonSands v Layne
 EWCA Civ 1159Berry v Child Support Agency
 EWHC 1418 (Ch)