Powers of Attorney isthe definitive work providing clear guidance on the creation, interpretationand use of powers of attorney. Written in a succinct and straightforwardmanner, it provides everything you need to operate effectively in this complexarea of the law.
Beginningwith an explanation of the scope of powers of attorney, it goes on to examinethe duties of the parties involved, before looking at specific situations inwhich powers of attorney can be used.
Thenew edition has been updated throughout to reflect recent developments in caselaw and legislation.
The 11th edition:
- Clarifies the role, powers and dutiesof donor, attorney and third parties
- Shows how powers of attorney are usedin different situations, including land and companies
- Advises on drafting issues
- Includes precedents and new forms LP1F,LP1H and LP12 on making and registering a lasting power of attorney
- Explains how powers of attorneyinteract with trusts law
- Covers lasting powers of attorney andexamines the key case law since their introduction in 2007
- Reproduces relevant statutes, statutoryinstruments and rules, so they can be consulted easily