Russell-Clarke & Howe on Industrial Designs provides in-depth commentary on the protection of industrial designs and is the essential text for guidance on how to get the best from the vast bed of legislation surrounding industrial designs, ensuring that your designs are safeguarded and protected.
- Offers analytical, high level commentary on industrial designs, whilst maintaining a practice focused edge
- Provides a detailed historical treatment of copyright law and industrial design law from 1709 through to the current legislative position in order to provide a complete picture of design law in operation.
- Discusses copyright protection for industrial designs
- Looks into infringement and validity disputes and threats actions, along with practical hints on how to avoid the mistakes of the past
- Incorporates treatment of parallel imports under the EU and how this relates to industrial designs.
- Covers design law in the Commonwealth and former Commonwealth countries
- Updates to designs case law for the UK and Europe
- Outcomes of the government response to its consultation on improving the framework for UK design law.