Chitty on Contracts is the pre-eminent reference work on contract law in the common law world. It has been used for generations by lawyers as the leading guide to contracts, and is relied on to provide insight and aid in complex areas of the law.
The 32nd Edition has now been updated; the first supplement covers all the latest development in contract law since publication of the main work.
CHITTY ON CONTRACTS – ALL ENCOMPASSING, ALWAYS ESSENTIAL
Whether you need to check a detail during drafting or are deciding on the best course of action, Chitty on Contracts takes you right to the core of the contract law and the insight and guidance you need to decide on the right course of action.
Explains the principles
Chitty has it all covered: the formation of contracts, the capacity of parties, terms, illegality and public policy, joint obligations, third parties and assignment, performance, discharge and remedies.
You’ll be able to establish the responsibilities, obligations and entitlements of each party and achieve the best outcome for your client.
Covers every eventuality
You will find coverage of contracts for every commercial situation, with specific sections on a range of contracts from agency to consumer contracts. Whenever you draft a contract, there is expert interpretation of the legal position, ensuring you have taken every eventuality into account.
Insight into case law
The authors select the most significant and essential decisions, applying their insight and expertise so you can easily get to the heart of their impact and implications.
• Encompasses every part of contract law
• Offers clear interpretation of the law to help you when disputes arise
• Incorporates extensive reference to relevant legislation and cases
• Offers a trustworthy reference when drafting, negotiating and disputing contracts
• Analyses recent cases and legislation
• Contains interpretation and analysis of the general principles which apply to all contracts (Volume 1)
• Concentrates in-depth on contracts in specialist areas, with expert guidance on contracts from agency and bailment to sale of goods and suretyship (Volume 2)
Updates in the supplement include:
• Marks and Spencer plc v BNP Paribas Securities Services Trust Co (Jersey) Ltd Implied terms
• Central Tenders Board v White (PC) - Public Authorities
• Patel v Mirza (SC) - Illegality
• Cavendish Square Holding BV v Makdessi and ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis (SC) Liquidated damages
• Bank of Cyprus UK Ltd v Menelaou (SC) Restitution, subrogation
• Bailey v Angove’s Pty Ltd (SC) Agency - irrevocable authority
• Consumer Rights Act 2015 and “consumer transport services”
• Versloot Dredging BV v HDI Gerling Industrie Versicherung AG (SC) - Insurance fraudulent claims
• PST Energy Shipping Ltd v OW Bunker Malta Ltd (SC) - Retention of title clause
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.