Since 1922 The Parish Councillor’s Guide has been the foremost source of information on the law and practice of parish, town and community councils. It is an invaluable reference for new and experienced councillors, and parish clerks, and covers all aspects of local council administration.
- Deals with topics alphabetically, with extensive cross-referencing
- Avoids over-technical language and provides practical comments on what the law means in practice
- Covers new codes of conduct for councillors in both England and Wales
- Goes through new election rules and revised accounting guidance
- Explains the removal of local councils from the ambit of best value legislation and impact of the commons Act 2006